Download Networking One Sheet Template
When I hear someone say that referrals are what drives their business, I often ask if they use “Networking” as a business development tactic. Often they are fairly active in some form of networking but not seeing any real business impact unless you are measuring in waist line diameter from hundreds of coffee shop meetings.
Don’t get me wrong here. I always enjoy rocking the Panara (they have cupcakes the size of your head) with my colleagues to compare stories, get inspired and think in new ways. I’m suggesting we should all do ourselves a favor and make sure each party walks away with a solid understanding of how they can spot business opportunities for each other – not in a “quid pro quo” sort of way – more like “pay it forward” sort of way.
I started thinking of a tool to use for these meetings and have created a template that structures key questions and issues that define what an opportunity looks like as well as your positioning, customer profile, specialization, services, etc. Back in the day, this was known as a “capabilities” piece, but I have updated it to reflect a tool for generating referrals.
Networking One Sheet Fields
- Strong positioning statement: this line should sum up your value proposition.
- Client or Customer Profile: Your target market – who buys your services or products
- How we work: How you engage customers or clients
- Key Questions: Things people can listen for that may indicate an opportunity.
- Experience: A few bullet points to bolster credibility
- (optional) Preferred referral methods: I prefer in person or email introductions. Your preferences might be different.
- Contact information: Keep it simple and give people options.
- Industry experience: For B2B companies, it is very helpful for people to know the industries in which you’ve worked. This section may vary if you don’t specialize by industry vertical.
I’ve attached my company’s Networking One Sheet as a template (You’ll need Adobe Acrobat to view and InDesign to edit).
|Download the Clarity Networking One Sheet
You will receive a download link via email. Don’t worry. We won’t SPAM you or share your information ever with anyone.
Also, if you are looking to expand your professional network, you might want to check out Austin’s hottest business social at Antone’s Nightclub – http://www.AustinBluesRevue.com